Demon Flexmeter Double Sided Wrist Guard Gloves
- Flexmeter snowboard protective gloves have been designed by physicians, engineers, and trauma specialists. The Flexmeter protective snowboard glove has dorsal protection worn on the back of the wrist which disperses initial impact loads up the forearm by transferring the energy. You can kind of compare it to a shock on a car. When you hit a bump the force is absorbed by the shocks. The Flexmeter protective snowboard glove is designed the same way, as your wrist is impacted the plastic shields and straps act like a shock to absorb the impact and energy.
- The protective gloves have been designed to respect the anatomical shape of the wrist and it follows the shape and outline. Flexmeter allows normal mobility of the wrist for ease of usage, as opposed to the protection commonly used. The problem with most wrist guards is that they are too stiff and too short, they don't fully protect the wrists.
- When you fall on your wrists it usually is a hard landing on the heel of the hand. The wrist goes into hyper extension and compression. The result is a fracture.
- With the Flexmeter wrist protector, the hands and fingers are prevented from being outstretched and are therefore not subject to a reverse extension injury.
***Visual of Flexmeter breakout shows D3O which is included in the double-sided wrist guards but D3O is not included in the wrist guard gloves.
Scientific Study on the Flexmeter Wrist Protection/Guard:
- Scientific studies have shown the effectiveness of the Flexmeter protective snowboard glove in reducing the risk of injuries. Wrist fractures have diminished by 67% in a group of athletes wearing the Flexmeter snowboard wrist guards, compared to a group wearing no protection.
- Flexmeter Double Protection Snowboarding Gloves Features:
- Insert: Thin Hydrotex membrane, light and resistant guaranteeing sweat elimination and total impermeability
- Insulation : 100% Fiberfill
- Exterior : 70% Polyurethane, 30% Polyethylene
- Palm: synthetic reinforcement
- AIR FLOW SYSTEM: ventilation to eliminate dampness
- Splints: a dorsal and a palm thermoplastic splint in Hytrel (Du PONT). Perfect stability whatever temperatures (-40°C to +40°C)
- Progressive hinge
- Adjustable wrist slide with auto-stop buckle
- Safecord and adjustable cuff cord
What is the Difference Between Double protection and Single protection Wrist Guards?
- Both the Single and Double Flexmeter protective snowboard gloves and snowboard wrist guards are, without a doubt, the best available. Both styles, be it snowboard gloves or strap-on snowboard wrist protectors offer the same patented Flexmeter protective technology, allowing your wrist and arm to only flex to a safe degree.
- The single protection is recommended for more experienced snowboarders because it offers protection without restricting the movement of the arm and hand. The single protection comes in both snowboard gloves and wrist protectors.
- The double protection is recommended if you feel the need for the extra hard padding on the palms to stop yourself. It is there for added safety and serves as a cushion, whereas the dorsal guard's function is to distribute the force of impact away from the joint and into the forearm where there is more support for such impacts.
Do Wrist Guards Really Work?
- Normal snowboard wrist guards are designed to withstand a minor fall, Flexmeter snowboard gloves and snowboard wrist guards are designed for more serious impacts. A normal snowboard wrist guard's design often causes a break higher up the arm, whereas the longer dorsal guard prevents the force of an impact from culminating at a central spot in the forearm, pushing the force of impact further up the arm to avoid serious injury.